Miss Utah Scholarship Program Mission Statement
- To provide unique opportunities for young women in Utah to earn scholarship awards.
- To create and maintain a system of competition which will enhance career opportunities and produce role models who represent positive, wholesome American values.
- To recognize women and to encourage the spirit of those who have made outstanding contributions in all fields of endeavor.
- To utilize the Miss Utah name in promoting the role of women in all aspects of society.
- To extent the benefits of the Miss Utah Scholarship Pageant by providing scholarships to colleges and universities.
- To encourage the spirit of volunteerism throughout the Miss Utah network.
- To provide goodwill along with civic and economic benefits in the towns and cities in the state which host local competitions leading to the Miss Utah title.
- To concentrate on the most significant questions facing America and Utah today, among them: strengthening families; promoting health and healing; educating citizens on the effect of domestic violence on society; motivating children to obtain an education; and promoting issues related to the platforms of Miss Utah and Miss America.
These goals can be accomplished by continually increasing the frequency and scope of Miss Utah issue-oriented appearances, and by ensuring that her personal platform is communicated throughout the communities and school systems she visits during the year.